Our Technical Team is expanding!
Iblea Ship Management invites high caliber professionals to apply for the position of Junior Technical Superintendent. The main scope of the role is to support the Technical Superintendent in his/her responsibilities. The role reports directly to the Senior TS and also replies to the requests of the Technical Manager and his Deputy.
- Coordinate all technical matters in line with Company policies, maritime rules and regulations and industry standards. Keep ships correspondence technical files updated
- Monitor, advise and in cooperation with the Technical Superintendent plan for all forthcoming and/or due surveys or certificate renewals related to statutory / machineries and arrange with them their execution.
- Liaise with Class, Authorities and third parties ensuring that assigned vessels conform to all relevant International, Statutory, Classification, Marine Industry and Company requirements and, where required, certification and approvals are maintained
- Under the Technical Superintendent Supervision maintain and update records of Vessel’s certificates, verifying their correctness and validity.
- Arrange forwarding of the vessel’s Certificates on board, prepare the relevant transmittal letters and collect Master’s receipt confirmations.
- Under Technical Superintendent Supervision, monitor the EGCS, BWTS and other machineries performance for the assigned vessels and follow up potential issues.
- Attend vessels at ports of call and periodically sail on them, to ensure technical condition, performance, and repairs.
- Monitor bunkers received and follow up lube-oil analysis results and in consultation with Superintendent give instructions to the ship.
- Keep records of lubricants, including follow up consumption data.
- Monitor, control, review and follow up required SMS forms submitted from the vessels.
- Review the competed PMS jobs and discuss open items with Superintendent.
- Make arrangements for repair teams, technicians to attend ships.
- Monitor daily repairs carried out on board ships and updating workshop fitters and technicians regarding vessel schedule. Data entry, monitoring and closing out of scheduled/ unscheduled jobs.
- Participate as requested by the Superintendent Engineer, in the preparation of budget for spares, repairs, special survey, dry-docking, forwarding expenses, lubs, gases, chemicals, welding material, engine and electrical stores.
- Monitor and follow up in Cooperation with Technical Superintendents relevant KPI’s.
- Report to the DPA on matters that deviate from SMS procedures.
- Monitor the efficient and timely supply of all spares required for the proper maintenance and safe operation of the vessels in liaison with Spares / Stores controllers.
- Negotiate repairs bills, advising the Technical Superintendent.
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture.
- At least 1 year experience in a similar position.
- Working knowledge of English language.
- Adequate PC Knowledge.
What we offer:
Competitive remuneration (based on the experience)
Private health insurance plan
Nice and friendly environment with new and stylish facilities
All applications will be treated with confidentiality.